Kathy Parry, Keynote Speaker
Your audience deserves enthusiasm, passion and humor! Kathy engages her audiences in a way that makes them eager to adapt principles and tactics the very day they hear her inspiring message. Your team is “powered-up” and ready to launch new ideas and initiatives after Kathy's session. Attendees discover how they can be resilient when facing adversity.
“Kathy really got us thinking in new directions. The best speaker at the conference.” – International Management Accounting Conference
Kathy delivers a roadmap for success that transcends industries and leaves your company, association or conference attendees ready to live their most engaged and productive lives.
Rubber Band Resilience:
How to Stretch Without Snapping
With quotes like, “transform or die” and “disruption is king” it is pertinent that changes, especially those from technology, regulations and staffing, be embraced by professionals. The ability to apply a disruption-friendly mindset to transitional shifts will be necessary to serve customers, retain personnel and grow revenue. Equipping your team with the skill set to move through transitions while continuing to produce is imperative for organizational success.
Road blocks and unforeseen adversity, both personal and professional, stretch us every day. In this powerful keynote/session Kathy will share how devastating news led her on a journey to discovering the keys to thriving in the face of challenging circumstances. While sharing her 3-R method for resilient behaviors (React, Reframe, Re-energize), Ms. Parry will engage the audience using questions, humore and interactive exercises.
Kathy will inspire and encourage your audience to stretch, not snap when faced with disruption.
- Create an atmosphere where adversity is confronted so team members can make a plan to stay effective during challenging times
- Empower attendees to create their personal resiliency plan so they remain productive and engaged
- Increase communication skills in order to move through difficult events so that client experience is not impacted
From Rejection to Resilience:
How to Stretch and Get the Sale
Part of sales is rejection, but it doesn’t have to be the end of the sale. Is your sales team losing customers, not building relationships or affected personally by “no”? In this powerful session Kathy Parry will help your team overcome rejection so that customer relationships stay strong and sales increase.
Your team will explore how rejection is stretching them to do more. Kathy will use stories from seasoned-sales professionals (in YOUR industry) to help your team understand why a customer says, “no.” The no does not mean the end of the cycle but should be a source of potential energy for building sales. Attendees will receive clear examples of how to move that “no” to “yes!”
This session is designed both to motivate a sales team and give tips, tools and tactics. Your team is stretched every day, but they don’t have to snap.
- Understand how rejection is personally affecting them and their sales performance
- Learn the three top reasons a customer says “no” and how to interpret what customers really mean
- How to use rejection to make changes in their customer relationships so that sales revenue increases
Solve the Mystery of Energized Organizations
Why do some organizations feel energized? Work gets done, employees are engaged, and drama is low. In this powerful session, Kathy Parry will give critical tools to help attendees solve the mystery behind energized teams. Employing her E4 method and some inspiration from Einstein, Kathy teaches clear strategies for powering up teams and increasing communication and organizational energy.
The loss of collaborative energy can cause even the most innovative organizations to be accused of drama and dullness. Hung up on old tactics, outdated processes or unproductive communication leads to lethargic teams. But participants will learn tips, tools and tactics to better work together to solve this mystery. Sleuthing through Kathy’s E4 method, MI SHRM professionals will exemplify, examine, extinguish and embark on a collaborative journey. With simple steps and a few lightning bolts of inspiration, Kathy will have your attendees ready to launch their own power up initiatives.
- Understand the types of events and interactions that create lethargy in a team or organization
- Develop organizational mindsets to create a collaborative work environment so that communications are clear, and teams work productively
- Learn methods to increase organizational energy to decrease absenteeism and increase retention
- Extinguish pre-conceived notions of how to work together and develop a plan to use all team member’s strengths.
Running on Empty:
Stop Feeling Stressed-Out, Burned-Out and Living on Take-Out
Work must get done. But while your team is meeting deadlines, plowing through strategy sessions and meeting the demands of clients, they are also exhausting their personal resources. In this powerful keynote, Kathy will take you on a ride to help your group understand how refueling, routine maintenance and a good old pleasure ride can increases utilization, engagement and productivity. Stress, long hours and compromised health are results of the demands on your team, but they don’t have to ruin their well-being and effectiveness. Full of real-life antidotes, humorous stories and tactics that can be used immediately, Kathy will leave your audience supercharged!
This keynote can extend to breakouts or half day workshops.
- Boost engagement at all levels in your organization by employing a 3 step system for personal productivity
- Consistently increase employee utilization to have a positive impact on bottom line
- Supercharge your team to keep them on track and engaged during high-stress periods
Road Warriors Guide To Curbing Exhaustion
Missed flights, traffic delays and sleepless nights are par for the course for many professionals, but all this takes a toll on energy levels and can lead to low productivity and effectiveness. Keeping energy high while traveling is the goal of this fast-paced, humorous keynote. From the depths of travel nightmares Kathy will bring your group an exceptional plan for boosting immunity, eating on the road and avoiding exhaustion.
This keynote can extend to breakouts or half day workshops.
- Boost the quality of your professionals’ travel experiences so they arrive at clients energized and engaged
- Sell more services trusting that your personnel are able to engage and perform on the road
- Position your company as a leader in people performance and enhance the client experience
- Help team members maximize effectiveness by teaching resiliency tips
Burned Out and
Living on Take Out:
Rise Above Early Career Burnout
Early career professionals face challenges that if not addressed can negatively affect your retention and engagement levels. Adjustment to the rigors of a professional career can over-whelm even the most knowledgeable new recruits. With funny antidotes gathered from her work with millennials, including her own children, Kathy Parry speaks the language of the largest generation in the workforce. This keynote will equip your early career professionals with the tools they need to feel energetic and to engage at the highest level and avoid burnout.
This keynote can extend to breakouts and half day workshops.
- Increase emotional and functional well-being of new recruits in order improve retention
- Attract better and more qualified candidates by demonstrating a commitment to work-life balance
- Equip early-career professionals to cope with increased demands of more senior positions
The Resilient Woman:
Leading Effectively Even When Adversity Knocks You Down
The tragic health event, the restructuring of a department or the loss of key personal can take a toll on the professional woman’s ability to lead. Add in the responsibilities of family and most women leaders know and understand how draining it can be knocked down by adverse events. Kathy shares her R3 method for staying resilient in stressful times. This keynote will inspire your audience to react, reframe and re-energize when less-than-ideal situations prevail.
- Understand the different reactions to adversity and how to use them to develop a positive outcome
- Increase awareness of growth mindset to keep teams engaged and productive during transitional events
- Learn to escalate both personal and organizational energy levels to decrease absenteeism and increase retention